SkinFlint Design specialise in original reclaimed and salvaged lighting from the 20th century. One of their latest finds was this original ‘Ilford Films’ point of sale signage from the Finley McKinlay’s Chemist in Glossop, Derbyshire. The chemist was established in 1912 and this signage dates from the 1950s.
The exterior of the shop in 2005 (photo by papalamour on Flickr). We’ve looked it up on Google Earth and it seems to have become Cohas Chemist – and they could still do with a window dresser!
The Ilford sign has already been sold, but go to SkinFlint Designs‘ website to see their stock of clean-lined (mainly 1900-1960) retro and industrial light fittings. They ship items on a next day timed delivery service to anywhere within the UK and internationally via a variety of tailored delivery options to over 250 countries worldwide. www.skinflintdesign.co.uk