Traditional, timeless, reclaimed and antique, The House Directory‘s English Country Homes shopping edit takes its inspiration from the glamour, the heritage and the grandeur of stately homes, historical houses and majestic country piles.
1. Be inspired by this beautiful book in which historian, colourman and designer Edward Bulmer explores his work in Britain’s finest homes. £47.95, Edward Bulmer
2. Eco friendly and elegant, these reclaimed silk curtains are sure to add a touch of stately home style. £1200, Salvo
3. With its classic shape and fringed base, this refined armchair is an investment piece that will last a lifetime. £4620, Paolo Moschino
4. Perfectly proportioned to fit a hallway or living area, this chic console can be custom painted in a range of bespoke colours. £455, The Dormy House
5. Proving bins can be beautiful too, this decoupage William Morris inspired design is hand finished with silver leaf. £115, Must Have Bins
6. Sleep like a princess in this solid brass four-poster bed, hand cast in a Cornwall foundry. £2130, The Cornish Bed Company
7. Featuring delicately trailing blooms, this painterly wallpaper captures the essence of springtime wisteria. £82, Colefax & Fowler
8. Drink in the beauty of the Hampshire countryside with this evocative painting by Alistair Erskine. £2200, Alistair Erskine
9. With hand crafted cabriole legs, this characterful dining chair can be upholstered in a range of smart fabrics. From £782.00, The Dining Chair Co.
10. Finished in a choice of brass, bronze, chrome or nickel, this handsome lamp is a stylish and functional addition to any library. POA, Besselink & Jones
11. This curvaceous window seat provides a neat place to perch while admiring a beautiful view. £1185, David Seyfried Ltd
12. With a padded exterior and elongated silhouette, this storage ottoman is finished with antique brass studs. £3603.60, Penny Morrison
13. Dress your floors as smartly as the rest of your home with this geometric honeycomb carpet in duck egg blue. £124.85 per m2, Alternative Flooring
14. A duchess among sofas, this comfy design is available with turned legs, bun feet or a simple skirt. POA, Balmain & Balmain
15. Embroidered entirely by hand, these exquisite, monogrammed pillowcases are an heirloom for future generations. £85, Cologne & Cotton
16. This smart linen/cotton stripe fabric is printed using natural pigments and traditional methods in a factory in Wiltshire. POA, Fermoie
17. Dated c.1840, these William IV cut glass decanters come with their original stoppers. POA, Guinevere
18. This double-ended cast iron bath is a reproduction of a late 19th century English embossed design. £9050, The Water Monopoly
19. A typical Regency colour, Dayroom Yellow is pale golden shade inspired by rooms that were enjoyed during the day. £59 for 2.5l, Farrow & Ball
20. Sophisticated turned legs and a deep polished finish make this extending table a traditionalist’s choice. £3195, Oka
21. Inspired by the infamous English garden, this hand-embroidered Sissinghurst crewel is made with 100% natural fibres and dyes. £216 per m, Coromandel
Click here to read more inspiring and informative blog posts from our members.
Subscribe to be the first to receive TheHouseDirectory.com’s monthly blogs and design news.
Get Listed to reach thousands of potential new customers each month and join our established community of interior & garden design brands and businesses.