I am looking for glass door knobs in a rose design.

Haute Deco are specialists in stunning glass door and cabinet knobs which are the epitome of luxury, such as their Montrachet door knob Cristalle pictured. Also have a look at the range from Charles Edwards Across The RoadBeardmoreArchitectural Components and Detailplus.

I am searching for a screening system to separate an open plan kitchen and dining room space. The system will need to be pulled across the space when in use and stack to one side when not needed. It will not go from wall to wall as we need to leave space as a thoroughfare. It also needs to allow some light through. Can you help?

SDS London supply all types of tracking systems and can offer advice, but you would need a good joiner to make the doors. Doors can be made in glass with a timber frame. The glass can be acid-etched with a clear border to allow light through.If you would like a company to design, manufacture and install the entire system, I suggest you try both The London Door Company or Mumford & Wood.    

We have modernized our now eco-friendly house and have a situation where there are two rooms which are connected by a door, but one of the rooms is very dark. We would like some light to pass into this room from the front, south facing one. To complicate matters further, the room which is dark will occasionally be used as a guest bedroom and we don’t want a door with clear glass for reasons of privacy. What type of door could you suggest for this?

Here are a few ideas. Consider a door with etched or frosted glass, but with a thin frame of clear glass against the wooden frame of the door. That frame of clear glass allows the light to come through but retains the sense of privacy from room to room. You could also cover a glass door with a film which has a design, such as small dots or stars which would allow the light to shine through. Brume can supply this type of film. You might also consider a stained glass door from The London Door Company.

We are about to move into a period house where the sash windows are single glazed, some painted shut, and in not a very good state of repair. Rather than rip them out and replace them we would like to refurbish and upgrade them if possible but can’t seem to find anyone offering this type of service. Can you help?

  Sash Repairs employs fully qualified carpenters/joiners who have a minimum of 10 years' experience carrying out sash window repairs. They also provide draught proofing; if joinery has deteriorated beyond repair, Sash Repairs has an in-house joinery workshop making double or single glazed sash windows matching the originals and crafted using traditional joinery techniques.

I’m trying to find a chrome ‘no junk mail’ sign for my door.  Do you know where I can find one? My internet search has proved fruitless. 

Architectural Components offer one in polished stainless steel which goes well with their polished chrome letterplates. It’s on their website under Signs. They have explained to me that it’s really not worth the expense of having a brass one especially chrome-plated, although they could do it if you are desperate!

Social Share Buttons and Icons powered by Ultimatelysocial